SYLLABUS FOR TET 2O11
[Geography,Political Science,History and Economics]
For U.P. level( ClassesV I-Vil)
Total Marks : 60
Our Earth, Land forms,Solar System,Continents,Oceans and Mountains,Geography of India,Geography of Assam,Maps
Origin, size, shape, landforms, movement of the earth, their effects, interior of the earth, earth crust and earthquake (with
special reference to Assam), latitude and longitude,Lithosphere,Hydrosphere and Atmosphere. Mountains, plains and plateaus. Planets and satellite heat zones.
Asia, Europe, Africa, North America, South America, Australia major physical features, population, climate, minerals,
countries and capitals .Location,category,important features.
Physiographic divisions, climate, agriculture, population,political divisions. Physiographic divisions,rivers and wetlands, climate,problems - floods, agriculture, mineral resources, transport, industries, flora and fauna,place of interest,culture
Family and Community,State Indian Constitution,Democracy,Local self Government,National integration
Concept and elements of State, formation of government Central and State.
Preamble, features of constitution, fundamental rights and duties, directive principles of state policy, amendment process,
distribution of powers (union + state + concuffent lists), Right to Primary Education Act.
Features of Indian democracy,election process,role of political parties, world peace and role of India, United Nations
Organization and its role in different areas.
Urban,city, rural areas and 6'th schedule areas.
Concept of national integration, constitutional provision for national integration.
l. Pre-history- Evolution of Human Civilization from Hunting to Agriculture.
2. Growth and development of civilization- Harappa and Vedic civilization.
3. Emergence of new religious ideas- Jainism and Buddhism.
4. Major political dynasties of India and their contribution - (i) ancient period - Mauryans and Guptas, (ii) Medieval period - Turko-Afghans and Mughals.
5. Assam History : (i) Pre historic Assam - Narakasur,Bhagadatta,Bana of Sonitpur and Bhismak of Kundilya, (ii) From 4'h century A.D. to 13'h century A.D. i.e. Varman dynasty,S alastambhad ynasty,P ala dynastya nd Kamata Kingdom, (iii) Ahoms - From 1228 A.D. to 1826 A.D., (iv) Neighbouring States of Assam - Chutia, Kachari, Jayantia and Bara Bhuyans.
6. British rule in India - Sepoy Mutiny, growth of Indian nationalism and social reform movements.
7. (i) Different phases of Freedom Movement in India i.e. Non-cooperation Movement,
Civil Disobedience Movement and Quit India Movement, (ii) Role of Assam in Indian
Freedom Movement from 1857 A .D. to 1947 A .D.
Introduction : Importance of Economics and development, some basic concepts of Economic like production utility, income,wealth,money,price etc..
Money and Banking : Concept of money, types and functions of bank, other funding agencies.
Markets : Concept of different markets and economic markets, import and export of commodities.
Natural Resources: Natural resources of India (with special reference to Assam),Role of natural resources in economic development.
Human Resource : Human resource development Role of human resource in economic development.
Economic sector : Agriculture, industry and service.
Industrial development : Industrial development in different fields like Oil, Tea and Cottage industries in Assam.
National Income : Gross National Product (GI.IP), Net National product (NNp), Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Net Domestic Product (NDP), Nominal and Real Income. per capital income and standard of livings.