Assam State Electricity Board Jobs [ASEB] ,Bill Clerks and Meter Readers
RECRUITMENT OF BILL CLERKS AND METER READERS
Applications are invited from the bonafide Indian citizen in the prescribed format attached herewith for filling up of under mentioned posts in the scale of pay as indicated below carrying usual pay and other allowances under rules from time to time.
1. Name of Posts - (i) Bill Clerk and (ii) Meter Reader.
2. Pay Band- Rs. 6380.00-Rs. 23000.00 and Grade Pay Rs. 2200.00 plus other allowances as
admissible under the rule.
3. Age – Must not be less than 18 years and more than 37 years of age as on 01.07.2011. For
reserved category applicants maximum age limit will be 42 years as on 01.07.2011.
4. Educational Qualification:
i. HSSLC /Class-XII passed from the Govt. recognized Board or Council.
ii. Candidate must possess a minimum 6 (Six) months Diploma/Certificate in computer
proficiency from a recognized Institution.
iii. Existing outsourced persons engaged in Meter reading and Bill preparation under APDCL who have rendered service for not less than a minimum period of 5(five) years are allowed one time relaxation for this recruitment only on educational
qualification from HSSLC passed to HSLC passed with preference in computer proficiency. However, they will have to submit certificate regarding their engagement for 5 (Five) years from concerned Assistant General Manager.
5. Reservation: - Reservation for OBC/MOBC, SC, ST (P), ST (H) and physically handicapped applicants will be as per statutory provisions laid down by the Government.
6. Selection process: - The combined selection process will consist of 2 (Two) phases. In the first phase written examination of 100 marks will be conducted comprising of questions in General Arithmetic, General Knowledge and English. In the second phase, all those applicants who qualify in the written examination shall be called for interview/viva voce and computer test comprising of 50 marks out of which 30 marks will be in computer practical test and 20 marks in interview/viva-voce. The final ranking will be determined on the basis of written examination, interview/viva voce and computer test taken together. The selected applicants will be initially engaged as Trainee Bill Clerk and Trainee Meter Reader for the period of 1 (One) year. During the training period they will be entitled to monthly stipend @ Rs. 8,000.00 p.m. On successful completion of training period they will be appointed as Bill Clerk and Meter Reader as the case may be at the prescribed pay band with grade pay and other allowances as admissible under the rule. Merit list for the post of Trainee Bill Clerks and Trainee Meter Readers will be circle wise and the applicants can apply for both the post by single application form by indicating the preference in the following order. If no preference is given, it would be
presumed he/she has equal preference for the posts.