- First Name
- Shyamalendra N
- Last name
- About Me
Shyamalendra Nath Baruah
M.Sc (CS) ,MBA (IT),PGDCSA,CCNA
System Administrator at Gauhati University from 2008 to Till Date
Gauhati University is the oldest and most prestigious University in the North Eastern Region of India. As a System Administrator my nature of duties are to provide IT solution, preparation of tender documents, proposals and recommendations for IT planning & management in GU, coordinating between different software & hardware vendors and implementing projects.
During my tenor I have been developed Examination processing software for various courses of GU including Credit Based Grading System first time in PG courses in the year 2008.
My present responsibilities are develop and maintenance of software, coordination between different branches, colleges & departments for smooth running of examination process round the year, management of resources, lead the team, result preparation for more than 110 + courses in different levels, keep the high sensitive data in safe place and various examination related highly confidential works
System Administrator at Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. (AMTRON).
From 2006 to 2008
AMTRON has played a significant role in extending Broadband technology (ISP) to the State of Assam and key player in Information Technology and a Nodal Agency of Govt of ASSAM . As a System Administrator my nature of duties are to providing Technical & Software Solutions, Man Power Management, Event Organization , Implementation of ongoing projects and consultancies to various Corporate and Govt. Projects like ASWAN (Assam State Wide Area Network) project which is one of the biggest networking Project in the State.
Key Projects and Accomplishment
- First time implemented the visual Network Monitoring System in AMTRON network center.
- Successfully completed 33rd National Games (Feb 9 –Feb 18, 2007) Communication Project.
- In a record time of 9 days connected 18 different Stadiums & Game Village located in the
- different part of the Guwahati City through OFC, E1 and Radio Link. Configured 32 numbers of L3 manage switches and 2800 Cisco routers. Installed and configured more than 50
- LinkSys, Vanlink 8 port ATA and IP Camera for VoIP voice and data communication.
- Planned, built and managed implementation of VLAN for Guwahati MAN which included design of multiple project plans for creating standards, client’s workstation and consultation.
- Co-ordinate between different Govt. agency & private company to provide Network Solutions and other IT facilities to Assam Govt e-governance project.
- Manage Broadband internet connectivity and VoIP telephony throughout Assam.
- Developed in house Integrated Software Solutions using e107 CMS, Open Source Software module, PHP and MySql Database
One Year Experience in Indian Institution of Technology Guwahati (IITG) [2005-2006] as Computer Trainee.
Nature of duties are maintenance of round the clock IT facility with high end campus area network and IT infrastructure like CISCO 3600/2600 routers, Enterasys N7 next generation optical switch, HDSL Modems, Lucent EPBX, Check Point Firewall, Linux Web Server, Mail Server, IBM 16 node eServer, Param 10000 super computer etc.
- View recent blog entries
- Member for
- 9 years 5 months